By Brian Sanford (CHS Class of 2006)
2. Red layer seen during a total solar eclipse.
5. Our star.
7. Dark inner region of a cool spot on the sun.
9. Dark regions on the sun.
12. We mostly observe the sun in _____ light, or all visible light.
13. Layer visible only during a total solar eclipse.
15. A loop of plasma on the sun viewed from the side.
16. Pieces of the corona that expand continually into space are known as Solar _____.
17. The Solar Constant isn't actually constant, it is ______.
18. A violent eruption on the surface of the sun.
19. The visble layer of the sun.
20. Causes the salt and pepper texture of the sun.
1. Greek for "light".
2. All solar energy is generated at the solar ______.
3. This field protects the earth from most harmful radiation.
4. Jagged spikes in the chromosphere.
6. Elements in the corona are ______ or stripped of electron nearly a dozen times.
8. _____ minimum. A period in which there were no dark spots at all on the sun.
10. Lighter outer region of a cool spot on the sun.
11. A salt and pepper texture of the sun.
14. Top-down view of a loop of plasma on the sun.