By Samantha Hughes (CHS Class of 2012)
1. Variable resistor.
4. Electrical ____. Used on a circuit diagram to represent each part of the circuit.
6. Can carry electric current.
10. Device that measures voltage or current.
11. An electrical device that uses the energy carried by electric current in a specific way.
14. Units of electric current.
15. Electric ____. What makes an electric motor turn or an electric stove heat up.
16. ____ circuit. A circuit with any break in it.
18. Device designed specifically to measure only current.
19. A measure of electric potential energy.
20. Device designed specifically to measure only voltage.
2. Block the flow of current.
3. Electric ____. A complete path through which electricity travels.
5. Uses chemical energy to create a voltage difference between its two terminals.
6. ____ circuit. A circuit with no breaks.
7. Circuit ____. Drawings of an electrical circuit using electrical symbols. Also called electrical ____.
8. Has qualities of both a conductor and an insulator.
9. Measured in ohms.
12. Used to turn electricity on and off.
13. ____'s law. Relates current, voltage and resistance with one formula (V = IR).
16. Units of electrical resistance.
17. Units of voltage.