By Carly Mammone (CHS Class of 2012)
4. The acceleration of a falling object under the sole influence of Earth's gravitational force.
5. The resistance of a body to change its state of motion.
9. Air ____. The opposing force on a moving object due to friction of air.
11. Newton's ____ law. An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force; an object in motion continues with constant speed and direction in a straight line unless acted on by an unbalanced force.
12. A decrease in speed.
14. The vector form of speed; a quantity that specifies both speed and direction.
1. ____ Speed. The maximum speed reached by an object in free fall; the speed at which the forces of gravity and air resistance are equal.
2. Acceleration due to ____. An acceleration of an object toward the center of the Earth equal to 9.8m/sec/sec.
3. The metric unit of force that causes a mass of one kilogram to accelerate at one meter per second per second.
6. The change of speed over time.
7. A force created by gravity acting on mass.
8. Newton's ____ law. The acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass.
10. A line's vertical change divided by its horizontal change.
11. A push, a pull, or any action that has the ability to change motion.
13. ____ force. The sum of all forces acting on an object.